Studio Policy *** 2019-2020
Dani Aldinger, Pianist
5202 Hook Drive Newberg, OR 97132
(503) 349-2191 cell
Tuition is $100.00 every 4 weeks to be paid in advance.
Lessons are 45 minutes long - divided into 30 minutes of private piano instruction and
15 minutes independent computer time
A Monthly Statement reflecting tuition and supplies (students are expected to purchase all music/materials used) and Lesson Schedule listing all lesson/recital/vacation dates for the upcoming studio year will be available in the student/parent portal of ‘My Music Staff’. You will be able to access your account with a personal log in/password. Parents & students can now check/reschedule lesson times, view their account, track their practice time, send teacher notes, and receive feedback on your progress.
There will be no refunds for missed lessons. Make-up lessons may be available when a student has an extended illness or when the teacher must miss a lesson. Teacher will try to reschedule, but it is not a guarantee.
The STUDENT is….
- Expected to be on time
- Expected to be prepared. QUALITY practice is what counts!
- Expected to have all materials (music, assignment book, etc.)
- Expected to use the ‘computer’ time
- Expected to participate in all RECITALS (Winter & Spring)
The TEACHER will help the student have knowledge of….
- The ENTIRE piano – key names, pedal names/functions, inner workings
- Note Reading (on the staff) and Interval Reading
- Rhythm – kinds of notes (i.e. quarter, half); How to Count
- Chords – Naming them; playing from Chord Symbols; Writing them
- Theory – key signatures; time signatures; tempo markings; common music terms & signs
- Scales – 5 finger; 1/2/4 octaves; hands separate & together
Each lesson will include 15 minutes of independent time spent working with various music software programs. These programs are designed to meet all student levels. They are a reinforcement and supplemental teaching tool. Students are expected to use their computer time.
Revised August 2019